Fourth International Abstract Art Contest“21x21” 2022
The aim of the contest is to discover different avenues of artistic exploration in nonfigurative abstract art and to gather international artists together in one place.
1. Every artist can participate with only one work with exact dimensions of 21x21cm on cardboard - thickness between 2 and 3 mm, without restriction on technique of drawing or painting. Works smaller or larger than the 21x21cm dimensions will not be accepted. The actual image may be smaller than 21x21cm, but not the cardboard dimensions The work should not be framed hung or mounted. Digitally created artwork and photography are also accepted.
Please sign your work on the back, the contest is anonymous!
Тhis year the competition will be held in two stages
1. Please send a photo of your artwork, until 21 January 2023 to the gallery's email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: 21x21 and your name. In the email, describe the technique and name of the painting, the price in euros if it is for sale, as well as your full name and postal address to which to send your work back. For ease of contact, please include a contact phone number. We do not share personal information with third parties. After an interim judging, if your work is approved we will email you to confirm your acceptance for the competition and you will need to send it to: Enil Nikolov Enchev, post box 812, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria,please note that you need to send the works marked “For Exhibition Only” and “No Commercial Value” by registered airmail, unframed and unmounted. Please note, packages with declared amounts will arrive at customs and be sent back to the sender at their expense. In the same email there will be instructions on how to pay the competition fee.
2. The jurying of the accepted works will be from 14 to 18 February 2023
3. The entry fee is 30 EUR and covers the exhibition organization, the exhibition catalogue showing each entry (two copies for each participant), promotional posters and advertising, as well as package and return posting expenses. Fee has to be paid with the message “Abstract Art Contest 21x21 2022"
5. A jury will review the contest submissions. The first prize is 280 EUR and a solo exhibition at [a] cube contemporary. The second prize is 140 EUR and a solo exhibition at [a] cube contemporary.
6. An exhibition of the contest entries will open on February 21, 2023, and close on March 28, 2023.
7. Unsold artwork will be returned to sender within three months of the end of the exhibition at the gallery’s expense. Each participating artist will receive a catalogue from the exhibition.
8. Works will be accepted by post between January 14, 2023 and February 14, 2023.
9. No commission payable to [a] cube gallery on the sales of the works