Third International Abstract Art Contest “21x21” 2021
The aim of the contest is to discover different avenues of artistic exploration in nonfigurative abstract art and to gather international artists together in one place.
1. Every artist can participate with only one work with exact dimensions of 21x21cm on cardboard, or plasterboard - thickness between 2 and 3 mm, without restriction on technique of drawing or painting. Works smaller or larger than the 21x21cm dimensions will not be accepted. The actual image may be smaller than 21x21cm, but not the cardboard format. The work should not be framed hung or mounted. Digitally created artwork and photography are also accepted.
Please sign your work on the back!
2. The entry fee is 25 EUR and covers the exhibition organization, the exhibition catalogue showing each entry (two copies for each participant), promotional posters and advertising, as well as package and return posting expenses. Fee has to be paid with the message “Abstract Art Contest 21x21 2020/2021"
3. Works should be sent to gallery [a] cube contemporary at the address below:
Enil Nikolov Enchev, post box 812, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria. You must also fill the entry form. In addition, please note that you need to send the works marked “For Exhibition Only” and “No Commercial Value” by registered airmail, unframed and unmounted. Please note, packages with declared amounts will arrive at customs and be sent back to the sender at their expense.
4. Paying the entry fee does not guarantee acceptance in the contest. If the artwork does not follow the contest rules, it will be returned to the sender by post and the entry fee returned with postal expenses deducted.
5.You can pay the entry fee by either:
1. Bank transfer of 25 EUR to gallery a cube gallery ltd. Raiffeisen Bank, BIC: RZBBBGSF IBAN: BG21RZBB91551007027601
2. PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. A jury will review the contest submissions. The first prize is 250 EUR and a solo exhibition at [a] cube contemporary. The second prize is 100 EUR and a solo exhibition at [a] cube contemporary.
7. An exhibition of the contest entries will open on March 10, 2021, and close on March 21 2021
8. Unsold artwork will be returned to sender within three months of the end of the exhibition at the gallery’s expense. Each participating artist will receive a catalogue from the exhibition.
9. Works will be accepted between December 21, 2020 and February 14, 2021.
10. No commission payable to [a] cube gallery on the sales of the works