Mario Nikolov was born on 14 February 1964 in Sofia. In 1982 he graduated from the School of Artistic Processing of Stone in the village of Kunino, Vratsa, which is the only one on the Balkan Peninsula and one of the four public schools with a similar profile in Europe. He studied Graphic Design and Advertising at the Journalism Faculty of Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski ". He works in the field of painting, applied arts and graphic design. Works of the artist are in private gatherings in Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, USA, Slovakia, Turkey and the Czech Republic.
In 1997, he released his debut music poem "MusiMuseums" (Hermes), and in July 2002 his second book "Jazz listen to my dreams" (FAMA ed.), In which in November 2007 is a multimedia show with which the XXX National Jazz Meeting in Rousse was opened.
From 1992 to 2008 he worked in the newspapers Rudnikar, Podkrepa, PARI and others, and from autumn 2001 until autumn 2008 he was the secretary (art director) of Dnevnik newspaper.
Since June 1, 2011 he publishes artnovini.com's art and culture website, whose editor-in-chief and founder. Mario Nikolov is the author and editor of more than 2500 texts (information, analyzes, comments and interviews) in the field of art and culture.
Since September 2013, he has been living and working in Vienna, Austria.
- "On the Road" II - solo exhibition at the Bulgarian Cultural Institute in Bratislava;
- "On the Road" - an independent exhibition at the Bulgarian Cultural Institute in Prague;
- "The Secret Gardens of ..." - a joint exhibition at the Bulgarian Cultural Institute Wittgenstein House, Vienna (December 2014 - January 2015);
- "Die Rückseite des Sonnenuntergangs" - solo exhibition at the Wittgenstein House, Vienna (October 2014).
- "Farb Karussell" - a general exhibition at Galerie Gamma, Burgenland, Austria;
- "The door to ..." - art gallery 36, Sofia.
- Ver Sacrum ("Sacred Spring") -
Bulgarian Cultural Institute Wittgenstein House, Vienna.
- "When You Touch Light"
Bulgarian Cultural Institute Wittgenstein House, Vienna;
- "Although ..." - "Artemontsev" Gallery, Sofia;
- "Cultural Dialogue between Bulgaria and Austria" - St. Basilius Saal (Gartenpalais), Vienna.
- "Dialoge" I - Rienössl Gallery, Vienna;
- JAZZ! - International Jazz Festival Jazz, Smolyan;
- "Reflections" - Arosita Gallery, Sofia.
- "Fiesta - Blue Night, sunny day" (Fiesta - Blaue Nacht, Sonnentag) ", Arch & Art Gallery Palina, Vienna.
- "Preludes" - Artamontsev Gallery, Sofia;
- International Jazz Festival Jazz, Smolyan;
- "25" - General Exhibition, Classic Gallery, Sofia;
- "Awakening" - Universum Gallery, Varna;
- "Orphic Symphony" (Orpheus-Sinfonie), Arch & Art Gallery Palina, Vienna.
- solo exhibition - Artamontsev Gallery, Sofia.